COVID-19 Client Protocol
COVID-19 Client Protocol
Our priority is the safety of our clients and staff. To continue serving you and keeping with State mandates and CDC guidelines, we have made the following changes to our client protocol.
- We request that any clients showing signs of illness that can be associated with COVID-19 remain at home and not bring their pet to our office. If your pet needs emergency care, please have a proxy who is not ill bring your pet to an emergency clinic. Some local clinics are:
VVC Fredericksburg at 1301 Central Park Blvd, Fredericksburg, VA 22401; 540-372-3470
Woodbridge Animal Hospital at 2703 Caton Hill Rd, Woodbridge, VA 22192; 703-897-5665
- ALL appointments and any medication or food pick-ups will be handled curb side. For all technician appointments or drop off appointments, we will collect payment for services before the technician comes out to your vehicle, so please be prepared.
- Any clients permitted to enter for an appointment MUST wear a mask prior to entry and for the duration of the visit. At this time, we are allowing one person to accompany their pet inside to a doctors appointment. Our lobby, reception area, and restroom are closed to clients at this time. Any clients in the building MUST remain in the exam room. To reduce contact, staff members will escort you in and out of the building. Please do not unlock the doors and let yourself in and out.
- We will handle all payments curbside or over the phone. To reduce contact, we prefer card payment. If you are paying in cash, please try to use exact change. Please bring your form of payment with you if you are permitted to enter the building.
- If you arrive early for your appointment, we cannot guarantee we will be able to see you early and you may experience a longer wait in your car. Always allow at least 40 minutes for your appointment.
- We are booked for several days out and, unfortunately, we have had to turn away sick pets. To encourage our clients to keep their appointments or give enough notice to offer the appointment to another sick pet, we are strictly enforcing our no-show policy: to avoid a fee, we ask for at least 12 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Also, if you are over 15 minutes late, your appointment may be rescheduled and you will be charged a fee.
- When you arrive please STAY in your vehicle and call our office at 540-710-7111 or text us at 540-639-0788. We will check you in over the phone (be sure to bring your phone!) and be prepared to tell us the COLOR, MAKE, and MODEL of your car (i.e. Black Honda Civic) or the numbered parking spot you are in.
- We understand these are stressful times for everyone; however, we need to maintain a respectful and courteous client-patient-doctor relationship. If you choose to treat a doctor or staff member unkindly or if you refuse to respect these policies and the safety of our staff, we will suggest that you seek veterinary care elsewhere.